Monday, March 20, 2017

Home



Charlie Peck recorded half of "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros on the day he started testosterone treatment. After nine months of treatment, he recorded the other half of the duet. Essentially he is singing to himself, but the duality of the finished product is thought-provoking.
As a sidenote: In the video I refer to myself with my previous name. I do this because I personally feel comfortable with this. Generally never refer to a trans* person with their "dead name".

My way to transition is also just that - My way. There are so many ways to feel comfortable in your own body and no way is more right than the other. Go your own way.
(via Metafilter)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I no longer feel comfortable as a human male and have decided that I am actually an orangutan.
Makes about as much sense as any of the rest of this trans-gender jibber-jabber.